MAMCO is PACFA licensed through the Colorado Department of Agriculture. We are licensed to transport for rescues other than MAMCO, but all outside groups wishing to use this service will be charged a transport fee. Fees are listed below. Rescues and shelters transferring dogs into the care of MAMCO will not be charged a fee.
Transports must be arranged prior to filling out any forms.
All transport paperwork must be submitted by 8:00 pm mountain standard time, the night before the scheduled pick up. Shelters and rescues who submit paperwork after this deadline will NOT be allowed to load dogs onto the van the next morning.
To submit the proper forms and paperwork click here: Required Transport Form
All dogs must have the following:
A recent health certificate (within 29 days of the day of transport) by a licensed veterinarian (The original copy of the health certificate MUST be given to the transporter before the dog will be allowed to board)
- Nursing mothers with puppies under 8 weeks of age are all issued one health certificate; however it is important to ensure that all puppies are listed on the certificate (i.e. mom with 6 puppies)
- Puppies who are being transported without a mother or those over 8 weeks of age MUST each be listed separately on the health certificate or have their own.
- Many health certificates accommodate 6 to 10 individual dogs. Multiple litters/dogs may be added to the same health certificate in these instances to reduce cost
Complete Vaccination/Medical Records (Original copies MUST be given to the transporter before the dog will be allowed to board)
- Puppies under the age of 16 weeks who are coming from a shelter environment must have at least two Distemper/Parvovirus vaccinations (no more than one month apart) prior to boarding
- Puppies who are not coming from a shelter environment are required to have one set of Distemper/Parvovirus vaccinations (no more than one month apart) prior to boarding
- Dogs 16 weeks and older are required to have a current rabies vaccination
- Pregnant dogs and those nursing litters are not required to have updated vaccinations prior to boarding. Many vets require pregnant dogs to have the rabies vaccine before issuing a health certificate. Although this is not ideal, it cannot always be avoided; however, pregnant dogs should NEVER be given any other vaccines. Vaccinations can impact the health of the puppies.
- Due to the high influx of infectious disease in some areas, some dogs may be required to have a 30 day quarantine period prior to boarding the transport van
A recent photograph
- Please be sure to submit a recent photograph of the dog(s) you plan to have transported
Health and Wellness
Dogs who show visible signs of illness at the time of drop off will NOT be permitted to board the van. Infectious disease control is extremely important! We cannot risk exposing other dogs to potentially fatal illnesses!
Transport fees for rescues other than MAMCO are calculated by crate size, not per dog, to accommodate litters, and nursing mothers. Please note, we will not mix litters or dogs from different shelters in the transport van. Litters older than 6 weeks may be split into multiple crates.
Crate sizes and Prices:
24 inch crate: $40 per crate
30 inch crate: $60 per crate
36 inch crate: $80 per crate
42 inch crate: $125 per crate (these sizes take up an exceptionally large space and reduce the number of dogs that can be transported. Consider splitting litters when possible)
48 inch crate: $150 per crate (these sizes take up an exceptionally large space and reduce the number of dogs that can be transported. Consider splitting litters when possible)
54 inch crate: $175 per crate (these sizes take up an exceptionally large space and reduce the number of dogs that can be transported. Consider splitting litters when possible)