Questions about adoptions? Question about spay or neuter deposits? Email: Adoptions@mamcorescue.org
Our Adoption Process
Adoption Fees Include
- Health Certificate
- Age Appropriate Vaccinations
- Medications (if required)
- 30 Days of Pet Insurance
Adoption fees vary depending upon the age and breed of the dog.
At MAMCO, we believe in doing what is best for puppies. Because of this it is essential that all dogs in our care are spayed or neutered. Breeding dogs actually shortens their lifespans and failure to spay or neuter can also lead to other health problems.
While we require that ALL of our dogs are spayed or neutered, new developments in veterinary medicine suggest that sterilizing a dog before 6 months of age can also lead to unnecessary health concerns. For this reason we do not spay or neuter our puppies prior to adoption (unless they are 6 months or older). This decision is only supported by the Department of Agriculture and Pet Animal Care Facilities Act (PACFA), if we require adopters to submit a spay/neuter security deposit.
We require a $250 deposit in the form of a check. We will NOT cash this check unless you fail to have your puppy sterilized by 6 months of age. Once your puppy has been spayed or neutered, send us a picture of the spay/neuter certificate via email. At that time we will void your check. PACFA RULES
We realize that sometimes Spay Today has a full schedule and that it can be difficult to get an appointment. If your spay or neuter appointment is delayed slightly, moving you beyond the 6 month date, DO NOT PANIC. Just send us an email showing us the appointment date, and we will make a note in our system to hold the check until the appointment date.
- The adoption application should be filled out prior to scheduling a meet and greet with the dog.
- Most applications are approved
- Be sure to fill out all sections of the form. Incomplete forms will not be considered.
- Proof of residence must be established prior to approval
- For adopters that rent, landlords will be contacted prior to approval
- You will receive an email if your application was not approved
Meet & Greets
- Once your application has been approved we will contact you to schedule a meet and greet with the dog(s) you have selected.
- We will do our best to match both the needs of the dog and the adopter in the process
- A home visit may be requested in some instances, but is not standard practice
- We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or anything else!